Wisconsin has the most golf courses on Golf Digest’s newest list of America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses.
The public golf courses in Wisconsin that made the Golf Digest list, with their rankings, include:
- Whistling Straits – Straits Course, Sheboygan County
- Erin Hills, Washington County
- Sand Valley, Adams County
- Blackwolf Run – River Course, Kohler
- Sand Valley – Mammoth Dunes course, Adams County
- SentryWorld, Stevens Point
- Whistling Straits – Irish Course, Sheboygan County
- The Golf Courses of Lawsonia – Links course, Green Lake
- Blackwolf Run – Meadow Valleys Course, Kohler
- The Bull at Pinehurst Farms, Sheboygan Falls
California and Michigan tied for the second most golf courses on the Golf Digest list of “America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses,” with nine each. Oregon had the fourth most, with eight courses on the list.
Wisconsin’s top golf courses have attracted several major professional golf tournaments, including the 2023 U.S. Senior Open, which was held at SentryWorld, and the 2025 U.S. Women’s Open, which will be held at Erin Hills. The 2021 Ryder Cup competition was held at Whistling Straits.
Any thoughts, opinions, or news? Please share them with me at firstname.lastname@example.org